3.series about the “Abuse of Science”. Michael MacCracken, Ph.D.is Chief Scientist for Climate Change Programs with the Climate Institute in Washington DC. Video Rating: / 5
Language: Hindi, Topics Covered:
1. Kyoto Summit 1997 and its four important annexes
2. Greenhouse gas: theory / chemistry points on Nitrous oxide, laughing gas, SF6, PFCs and HCFs.
3. Montreal protocol 1989 on Ozone depletion.
4. Roadmap for climate change: Kyoto to Qatar to Paris 2015.
5. Millennium Development goals.
6. Lima Summit 2014: major outcomes and criticisms
7. India’s official stand on climate change: (1) CBDR (2) Funding (3) technological transfer
8. What’s the difference between adaptation and mitigation?
9. Discussion on mock question for mains: “India’s stand on Post-2020 climate change framework, is guided by its peculiar socio-economic and demographic profile.” Elaborate.
Powerpoint available at http://Mrunal.org/download
Exam-Utility: UPSC IAS IPS, CSAT, Prelims, Mains, CDS, CAPF, Bank, RBI, IBPS, SSC and other competitive exams, IIM, XLRI, MBA interviews and GDPI
Faculty Name: Mrunal Patel
Venue: Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Satellite, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,India